>> Insights To Artistic Decisions
“You reap what you sow.” – Galatians 6:7
“Life has its ups and downs.” – Debasish Mridha, Author, Philosopher, and Physician
“[It’s] karma. You get what you give, whether it’s bad or good.” – Sandra Bullock, Actress and Producer
Life is often attributed to having a cyclical quality and, simply put, this design aims to represent such universal truth.
- Black and white filter: conveys the components of life using typical colour associations – the bad (black), the good (white), and everything in between (grey)
- Text positioning: under the photo’s light source, symbolises that the quote is an underlying truth of life
- Font type: Snell Roundhand in cursive and italics, illustrates the way the concept is so embedded in our day-to-day lives that it sometimes exists in finer print
- Text alignment: centred to align the two “around” within the quote, emphasises the existence of a cycle(s) in life and the theme of recurrence
>> Creation Details
- Photo is my own.
- Words are taken from Beyoncé’s song titled Best Thing I Never Had.
- Photo: taken with iPhone 5 (8 megapixel), cropped, edited using an Instagram filter
- Design was assembled on Keynote.
>> Previous Post On This Category: Design: The Best Journeys…